Out this week
- Hollywood’s Bleeding by Post Malone: The third album by the American rapper; comes after 2018’s Beerbongs & Bentleys; includes the songs ‘Wow’, ‘Goodbyes’ (featuring Young Thug), ‘Circles’, and ‘Sunflower’ (with Swae Lee).
- Snacks (Supersize) by Jax Jones: Debut album by the English DJ; features collaborations with artists including Bebe Rexha, Demi Lovato, Jess Glynne, and Years & Years.
- Also out this week: This Summer, the second EP by Canadian singer Alessia Cara; English artist Bat for Lashes’ fifth album, Lost Girls; and Free, the eighteenth studio album by American rock singer Iggy Pop.
- It Chapter Two (starring James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain, Bill Hader, Isaiah Mustafa, Jay Ryan, Bill Skarsgård) - horror, sequel to 2017’s It; 27 years after the Losers Club defeated Pennywise (Skarsgård), It returns to terrorize the town again.
- Satanic Panic (starring Rebecca Romijn, Hayley Griffith, Jerry O’Connell, Ruby Modine) - horror comedy; a pizza delivery girl fights for her life after realizing she has delivered food to a group of high society Satanists looking for a sacrifice.
- Mawra Hocane (@MawraHocane): I have so many answers to some absurd/provocative questions on my timeline but sometimes silence is the best answer for a fool. You know who you are. Sorry I can’t give you attention by giving you a response. Keep trying.
- Naimal Khawar Khan (@Naimalkhawarr): First, I am a consenting adult woman capable of making my own decisions and this narrative of ‘saving me’ is nothing short of demeaning my right to choose for myself. ... Second, while I understand that public figures are always subject to criticism even when it’s their personal life choices, please don’t distort facts. I left acting 9 months ago and the decision was entirely mine. Don’t spread false news to sensationalize someone’s special day.
Angel Has Fallen
Cast: Gerard Butler, Morgan Freeman, Jada Pinkett Smith, Lance Reddick, Tim Blake Nelson, Piper Perabo, Nick Nolte, Danny Huston
Director: Ric Roman Waugh
Tagline: He protected the President. Now he must save himself.
- Action; after being framed for the attempted assassination of the president (Freeman), a secret service agent (Butler) must evade the authorities and uncover the real threat.
- Is the third film in the Fallen series, following Olympus Has Fallen (2013) and London Has Fallen (2016).
- Gerard Butler and Morgan Freeman are the only main actors reprising their roles.
- Had a budget of $40 million; has made around $52 million in less than two weeks.
- Has received mixed to negative reviews, with critics deeming the film fun but otherwise unexceptional.
- Score composed by David Buckley.
Idrissa Akuna Elba
- Born on 6th September 1972 in London, England.
- His father is Sierra Leonean and mother Ghanaian; they moved from Sierra Leone to London.
- Shortened his first name to ‘Idris’ at school.
- Became interested in acting at a young age.
- Attended the National Youth Music Theatre.
- Worked as a DJ in his teens.
- Got his first notable role in an episode of the British television series Bramwell in 1995.
- Got his breakthrough with a main role on the acclaimed American series The Wire (2002 - 2004).
- Has since appeared in films including American Gangster (2007), Prometheus (2012), Pacific Rim (2013), Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (2013), Beasts of No Nation (2015), and Molly’s Game (2017). Also portrays Heimdall in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Upcoming projects include the musical Cats (2019) and the drama Concrete Cowboys (2020).
- Has received kickboxing and mixed martial arts training.
- Has been married three times: to Hanne N¿rgaard (1999 - 2003; divorced), Sonya Nicole Hamlin (for four months in 2006; annulled), and Sabrina Dhowre (2019 - present). Has a daughter (born 2002) with N¿rgaard and a son (born 2014) from another relationship.
Also born today: Dolores O’Riordan, Saeed Anwar, Macy Gray, William DuVall, Jane Curtin, Swoosie Kurtz